You're One Contest, Baby, I Just Can't Lose

You’re one contest, baby, I just can’t lose –
I’m set to wring ideas from the muse;
Borrow from poetry bag images to use
To create a piece the judges can’t refuse.

Colourful piece indeed I’ve got to create:
Such that would fade the golden sunset
And make the rainbow more colours to seek
As the peacock can’t help but look meek.

You’re one contest, baby, I just can’t lose –
I’m letting my imagination real loose
To rake for me grand figures to use;
Handing me words to draw praise, not abuse.

I’d stud this piece with diamond, plate it with gold;
Edge it with colours that are dark and bold;
Streak it with white, pink, red, blue and green;
Then add oil to give my work a sheen.

You’re one contest, baby, I just can’t lose –
Every other entrant is nothing but mere ruse;
Their feeble attempts would only you amuse;
Me alone for the grand prize you must choose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Long Love Song (001 - 010)

New Year

A FLOWER ABOUT TO BLOOM