Home-made



I'm home-made like roast ripe plantain and peanuts;
Edikanikong, afang soup with garri or fufu
And cool palm wine bless my palate and guts
And I stay sweeter than sugar cane and kunu.

I'm roast yam with African oil bean stew.
I'm top options of the entire Naija menu;
I'm doing things that show to my roots I'm true –
I make my beats here and see they're good to you.

I hate death brewers to people on the street;
I'm great lyrics making folks dance on their feet.

*Edikanikong and afang soup = delicacies in Akwa Ibom and Cross River State
*Garri and fufu = fried and boiled cassava flour
*Kunu = cereal drink flavoured with ginger (could be sweetened or not)
Naija = Nigeria(n)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Long Love Song (001 - 010)

New Year

A FLOWER ABOUT TO BLOOM